We are strongest when we have the best ideas and views from across the Newman community. This is where you can submit any idea for change relating to the Students’ Union or your wider university experience or to vote and comment on existing ideas.
Once an Idea has reached at least 25 up-votes, it will be sent to the Executive Committee to discuss, if the Full Time Officers think it is a good idea then they will action it or if it is a complex or costly idea to action they will then take it as a motion to the Student Forum to discuss, vote on and potentially action your idea (you can attend Student Forum to speak about your idea). So don't hold back, let us know what you want us to do!
The Your Ideas section of the website is a direct and effective way to get your voice heard and you can use it as many times as you like during your studies - we know that your needs and wants change year on year, so use Your Ideas to reflect the current issues you are facing and let us know what it is you care about.
If your idea hasn't reached 25 up-votes after 10 weeks, your idea will expire and not be actioned.
Before you post please consider the following
- Make sure your idea clearly states what you want to change and why – things like how it would be funded, who it would apply to. Think about three things:
- Check to see if the idea has already been passed under the ‘ Successful Ideas’ tab – we might already be working on your idea!
- Check to see if your idea has already been posted by someone else – if so, don’t post the idea again, but vote and comment on the existing idea. We will automatically reject an idea that has been submitted more than twice in an academic year.
- Check to see if your idea has been rejected and why under the ‘Unsuccessful Ideas’ tab – it might mean slight changes to your post, or it might give you an insight in to how students felt about this topic.
- If you are studying on a professional course, before submitting an idea, please ensure that you are considering your professional guidance/ agreement with the University.