Here at Newman Students’ Union, we strive to offer opportunities for you to get involved in activities and groups outside of your degree. We want you to get the most out of your experience with us! The opportunities we offer are there for you to not only develop skills and network across different groups, but to also be an active participant regarding issues that matter the most to you.
You can do this in a few different ways:
- Becoming a member of a Society and meeting with people who have the same interests as you
- Creating your own Society with a friend and providing a space for people to share this interest with you
- Adopting a Society by becoming a committee member and chairing sessions within this group
- Attending Academic Society sessions which are held within your course and give you a chance to talk about assessments, lecture material or something completely different!
- Fundraising for a charity or cause through our Raise and Give campaigns
If you would like to find out more about community opportunities please contact the Officers or Staff below, by clicking on their name, who will be happy to help. If you would prefer to speak to someone face to face, please call in to the Students' Union Offices.
Hannah Barber - Societies Officer
Ellie Brace - Vice President
Nathan Richards - Student Communities Co-ordinator