Start a new Society
What is a society?
A society is a group of students with a common interest meeting up and chatting about/doing an activity. As a society you will get:
- A bank account under the Union
- Access to support from the Vice President, Societies Officer, and the Representation and Activities Coordinator
- A free stall at Freshers Fair
- Apply for funding from the £1,000 funding pot
- Access to training and exclusive workshops
- Access to nominate and win awards at the Sports & Societies Awards
How do I start one?
All you need to do is fill out the form at the bottom of this page and send it to the emails stated on the form. It only takes five minutes and you only need five people to say that they want the society to happen. After it has been ratified, you will be invited to meet with the Activities Team on what the next steps are.
I'm not sure what to charge for my society?
You only have to put a rough figure down and it won't be finalised until after the meeting with the Activities Team. If you are applying for a "Free Society", you will need to put that in this application form as you cannot apply for that afterwards. If you need any help with the form, contact any of the SU people on the form and we can help out.